Larchmont - Mamaroneck Sanitation Commission
Larchmont - Mamaroneck Sanitation Commission


Frequently Asked Questions


How do I properly dispose of construction debris?

The Commission does not accept building materials or construction debris or any non-burnable materials (such as stone or clay flower pots, shower/sliding glass doors, or plate glass).

If you've hired contractors to perform the work, it is their responsibility to dispose of the debris. If you're doing the work yourself, then you must hire a private carter to take the debris away.

How do I safely dispose of compact florescent light bulbs (CFLs)?

You can drop off compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) at one of the Household Recycling Days offered by Westchester County.

How do I safely dispose of household chemicals or hazardous liquids?

The Commission does not accept any of these liquids. This includes pesticides, cleaning products, and turpentine. Westchester County accepts liquids during Household Recycling Days, offered several times throughout the year.

You can dispose of automobile-related liquids, such as motor oil and gasoline, by taking them to your local service station or oil lube center.

Does all garbage have to go inside the trash can?

Yes. Please make sure that all garbage is contained inside of the proper can/bin. Please note that we do not take electronic waste at the curb.


For more information regarding what is accepted,
please check out our Waste Wizard Recyclopedia!